About this course
Our First Aid at Work Requalification Course is exclusively for individuals whose First Aid at Work certificate is due to expire. The course will refresh your knowledge of the first aid skills you learnt on your initial First Aid at Work course and will bring your knowledge up to date with any legislative changes, as well as giving you the opportunity to practice these skills in a controlled environment.
Those attending this course must have an in-date First Aid at Work certificate (or it must not have elapsed by more than 1 calendar month). If you are unsure then please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
If you require the initial qualifying course please click here.
This course aims to refresh learner’s knowledge of the first aid skills needed to help someone who:
• is unconscious (CPR, recovery position, etc.)
• is bleeding (including catastrophic bleeding techniques)
• is burnt or scalded
• is choking
• is feeling faint
• has been poisoned
• has a head or spinal injury
• has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
• is having a seizure
• is having a heart attack, an angina attack or a stroke
• is in anaphylactic shock
• is having an asthma attack
• is experiencing a diabetic emergency
• has an injury to a bone, muscle or joint.
The course also provides practical support and information on:
• what needs to be stored in a First Aid kit
• assessing and monitoring a casualty
• accident recording and reporting (including reporting to RIDDOR)
What do I need for this course?
When you come on the day, please bring one form of photographic ID, a packed lunch and a pen and paper. You will also need to bring a copy of your current FAW certificate.
Please also wear clothes that are comfortable, and that allow you to kneel and lie on the floor easily.
This course is assessed through ongoing trainer assessment, 6 practical skills tests and two short multiple choice tests.
The written test is currently only available in English, so a basic understanding of written English is essential.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded you will be awarded a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for 3 years.
You will be awarded both a wall and wallet certificate to display your achievements.
The HSE strongly recommends annual refresher courses to maintain your skill level.