First Aid at Work
About the course
Our three day First Aid at Work course covers all the subjects required by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to make this an approved course. However, if you have particular risks in your workplace please let us know in advance of the course so that we can tailor your time with us to include training in those area.
The course covers the following topics:
Day 1 (6 hours)
- The role of the First Aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and Casualty Care
- The Primary Assessment
- Resuscitation techniques
- Recovery Position
- Seizures including Febrile Convulsions
- External Bleeding
- Minor Injuries
- Health & Safety Regulations
Day 2 (6 hours)
- Recap of Day 1
- Wounds and Bleeding Extra
- Eye injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains and Strains
- Head Injuries & Spinal Injuries
- Secondary Survey
Day 3 (6 hours)
- Recap of Days 1 and 2
- Respiratory System
- Chest injuries
- Asthma & Hyperventilation
- Circulatory System
- Poisonous Substances
Throughout the course students are assessed in various ways, including:
- Multiple choice question papers
- Practical assessments
- Activity sheets
This course would be ideal for:
- All workplace first aiders, but especially those in larger or higher risk environments
- Anyone wanting an in-depth understanding of emergency first aid and medical conditions
- Anyone looking for a good basis in first aid to progress onto other medical courses
If this is not the course for you, we also offer the very popular 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course.
Our First Aid at Work course is 18 hours, excluding breaks, over a minimum of three days. This is a HSE requirement for this course.
Courses usually assemble ready to begin at 9am and finish each day at 5pm with breaks throughout the day. Students must attend the whole course to be able to receive their certificate.
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded a First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years. Annual refresher training is highly recommended.
We offer optional wallet card certificates for this course. Additional charges may apply.
The cost of this course is £199.99 per person or £1999.00 for a group of up to twelve in your workplace. In addition to the trainer and teaching materials, the course price includes:
- A full colour manual covering all of the topics from the course
- A training pack to take home and practice your new skills
- Light refreshments
- Certificate expiry reminder service
- Access to a range of online resources