About this course
This three hour course is a free specialist workshop, designed by HM Government, to give you an introduction to the Prevent strategy and an individual’s role in safeguarding vulnerable people, who are at risk of radicalisation.
This course is highly recommended for all local authority workers, NHS / Medical staff and GPs, teachers, youth workers and others who have a frontline role working with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
This course is delivered by a Home Office Approved Trainer.
Read more: Counter Terrorism Strategy (CONTEST) and PREVENT (coming soon)
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
• Understand Prevent’s aims
• Think about who may be vulnerable to terrorism
• See why some people are able to influence and manipulate others to commit crimes
• Recognise when a vulnerable individual may be in need of your help
• Be clear on what help and support looks like in this area, and who you should turn to if you have concerns
What do I need for this course?
When you come on the day, please bring one form of photographic ID and a pen and paper.
You will be given some course materials to take away with you after the course.
There is no assessment for this course, as it is to raise awareness only. The Trainer may use informal quizzes and games to reinforce learning, but these are not assessment tools.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded you will be awarded your Workshop to Raise Awareness of PREVENT (WRAP) certificate.
We strongly recommended annual refresher courses to maintain your skill level and knowledge about emerging trends.