First Aid at Work (Annual refresher)
About the course
Our half day First aid at work annual refresher Course aims to refresh the skills and knowledge of first aiders. These annual refresher courses are strongly recommended by the Health and Safety Executive.
The course covers the following topics:
Day 1 (3 hours)
Aims of First Aid
Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
Initial assessment (Primary Survey)
Dealing with an unconscious person
Management of bleeding
Throughout the course students are assessed in various ways, including:
- Practical assessments
This course would be ideal for:
- Those holding any HSE workplace first aid certificates such as First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work
- Anyone needing an annual refresher course for any first aid certificate
- Anyone requiring a very basic overview of first aid skills for use at home
Our First Aid at Work (Annual Refresher) course is 3 hours, excluding breaks, over a half day. This is a HSE requirement for this course.
Courses usually assemble between 9am – 12 noon or 1pm and 4pm with a break part way through the course. Students must attend the whole course to be able to receive their certificate.
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded a First Aid at Work (Annual Refresher) certificate which is valid for one year.
The cost of this course is £34.99 per person or £349.99 for a group of up to twelve in your workplace. In addition to the trainer and teaching materials, the course price includes:
- A full colour manual covering all of the topics from the course
- A training pack to take home and practice your new skills
- Light refreshments
- Certificate expiry reminder service
- Access to a range of online resources