Paediatric First Aid
About the course
Our two day Paediatric First Aid course covers all the subjects required by the EYFS and Ofsted to make this an approved course for professionals working with children and infants.
If you work with children with particular medical conditions in your workplace please let us know in advance of the course so that we can tailor your time with us to include training in those area.
The course covers the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Managing unresponsive casualties – infant and children
- Choking – Infant and children
- Head Injuries
- Bleeding and shock
- Fevers and febrile convulsions
- Suspected fracture
- Electric shock
- Neck and back injuries
- Minor injuries
- Bites and stings
- Extreme temperatures
Throughout the course students are assessed in various ways, including:
- Multiple choice question papers
- Practical assessments
- Activity sheets
This course meets the requirements of the EYFS/Ofsted and would be ideal for:
- Early Years Practitioners such as nursery and pre-school staff
- Registered childminders and nannies
- Anyone wanting an in-depth understanding of emergency first aid and medical conditions in children and infants
For those working with children and infants who do not require a course that meets EYFS/Ofsted requirements, we also offer a 1 day Paediatric Emergency First Aid course.
Our Paediatric First Aid course is 12 hours, excluding breaks, over a minimum of three days. This is an Ofsted/EYFS requirement for this course.
Courses usually assemble ready to begin at 9am and finish each day at 5pm with breaks throughout the day. Students must attend the whole course to be able to receive their certificate.
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded a Paediatric First Aid certificate which is valid for three years. Annual refresher training is highly recommended.
We offer optional wallet card certificates for this course. Additional charges may apply.
The cost of this course is £119.99 per person or £1199.00 for a group of up to twelve in your workplace. In addition to the trainer and teaching materials, the course price includes:
- A full colour manual covering all of the topics from the course
- A training pack to take home and practice your new skills
- Light refreshments
- Certificate expiry reminder service
- Access to a range of online resources